Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crumbs

With Crumbs cupcakes, the only thing left after you inhale these will be..crumbs, hence the name. Stores flooding in all areas of Manhattan and beyond, these cupcakes of all different unique flavors are some of the best the city has to offer. On a typical city day, I make my friends take me to FAO Shwarz. No, not for the adorable life sized safari stuffed animals, but to go to the puny little Crumbs cupcake shop that takes up a small fraction of the whimsical toy factory. However, if you are, or want to pretend to be, true upper east siders, like my friends, who wouldn’t be caught dead in a touristy place, heavens FAO Shwarz, without a disguise and tourist map covering their face so no one recognizes them, there a plenty other excellent locations of Crumbs Bake Shops. On their mouthwatering website, you can see the wide variety of shops that the Crumbs Empire extends to. My personal favorite, the Good Guy, a vanilla cupcake with a shot of buttercream frosting hidden within. The final detail that makes this Good Guy oh so good is that the cuopcake is crowned with vanilla frosting completely ambushed by rainbow sprinkles. I definitely think that this cupcake is finger-licking worthy.  Another aspect of Crumbs that I need to try is the colossal Crumbs cupcake. Shown in the photo below (in my favorite flavor) is just how big a colossal cupcake really is. This “cup”cake is so, well, colossal that it could feed five to seven people. Enjoy!
Photo from crumbs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment